Consider the benefits of donating!
Donations of books and artifacts to our Library and Museum benefit us and can benefit you as well. The Maine Masonic Charitable Foundation is an IRS-qualified 501(c)(3) charity and as such, you may be eligible for a tax deduction. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ed King, our Grand Librarian.
We wish to thank the following for their generous contributions.
- Lorne Urquhart – Past Grand Historian for the Grand Lodge of Nova Scotia and Junior Warden of the Maine Lodge of Research for his boxes and boxes of books, magazines and tapes. Of the hundreds of items he has donated, all but a few are brand new to the Grand Lodge of Maine Library. THANK YOU, Brother Lorne!
- Vickie Murphy – Her donation of popular books made our start of the Book Crossing program possible.
- Charles Plummer – Brother Plummer, an avid historian and reenactor (a ‘spot on’ for Joshua Chamberlain, also a Maine Mason) have added to our library.
- The Maine Lodge of Research – whose papers are stored within our Library and will be made available to researchers electronically as time permits, are to be thanked for their generous donation of a Kindle Fire and several books allowing us to introduce Brethren and their communities to the ease of reading electronically.
- Weston Dash – The long-serving Secretary of the Maine Lodge of Research generously donated a number of volumes to the Library and he is remembered for his service to the Craft, to Masonic education, and to the pursuit of knowledge.